Connect Creative Vision with Strategic Business + Management Knowledge
Students in the MS in Leadership for Creative Enterprises program connect their creative expertise with the business knowledge, strategic skills + entrepreneurial mindset necessary to lead successful people, projects, and teams in Entertainment, Media and the Arts. The program provides opportunities to engage with top creative industry professionals and organizations, giving students an inside look at leading creative enterprises. Key features of the MS in Leadership for Creative Enterprises include:
- A curriculum focused on areas such as marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, leadership, analytics, and law specifically designed for the creative sector
- An annual professional trip to a media capital + monthly site visits and professional speakers
- A summer internship, applied project, or thesis component, bridging the program curriculum to a real-world setting
- Rolling admissions and matriculation – Start the program in September or January
- Earn your master’s degree in one year
The MSLCE Advantage
Full-Time or Part-Time Enrollment
The MSLCE program can suit a variety of schedules. Students enrolled full-time complete the degree in one year. Those enrolled part-time can complete the degree in 2-3 years. All students benefit from access to the same curriculum, resources, and opportunities.
Pursue a Graduate Minor in Entrepreneurship
MSLCE students are eligible to earn a Graduate Minor in Entrepreneurship, offered through the Farley Center for Entrepreneurship at Northwestern. Professionals with an interest in starting their own business or learning more about the startup world take additional coursework that will complement and enhance the MSLCE curriculum.
Benefit from Chicago's Vibrant Creative Economy
Steps from Northwestern’s Evanston campus lies the dynamic creative capital, Chicago. Home to Tony-award-winning theatres, world-class arts and cultural institutions, a vibrant music scene, and a burgeoning entertainment industry, the city is an ideal location to gain experience and further your career.
Engaging with Industry
- New York’s Non-Profit Theatres Come Together for Annual Internship Fair
- A “Year Of Power”: MSLCE Visits Chicago Humanities Festival
- Leaders Rising, Dispatches from the SphinxConnect Conference
- Visiting “The View”: Exploring the Northwestern Externship Program (NEXT) in NYC
- MSLCE Students Experience The 54th Chicago International Film Festival
- Lucky Plush Internship Inspires MSLCE Student
Connecting with Creative + Cultural Leaders