Connect Creative Vision with Strategic Business + Management Knowledge
Students in the MS in Leadership for Creative Enterprises program connect their creative expertise with the business knowledge, strategic skills + entrepreneurial mindset necessary to lead successful people, projects, and teams in Entertainment, Media and the Arts. The program provides opportunities to engage with top creative industry professionals and organizations, giving students an inside look at leading creative enterprises. Key features of the MS in Leadership for Creative Enterprises include:
- A curriculum focused on areas such as marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, leadership, analytics, and law specifically designed for the creative sector
- An annual professional trip to a media capital + monthly site visits and professional speakers
- A summer internship, applied project, or thesis component, bridging the program curriculum to a real-world setting
- Rolling admissions and matriculation – Start the program in September or January
- Earn your master’s degree in one year
The MSLCE program brings together rising leaders with experiences and professional interests spanning performing and visual arts administration, film and television production, development, and distribution, music production and management, entrepreneurship and technology, and more.
MSLCE is currently accepting applications for Winter 2021 and Fall 2021. Start your application now.
The MSLCE Advantage
Full-Time or Part-Time EnrollmentThe MSLCE program can suit a variety of schedules. Students enrolled full-time complete the degree in one year. Those enrolled part-time can complete the degree in 2-3 years. All students benefit from access to the same curriculum, resources, and opportunities.
Pursue a Graduate Minor in EntrepreneurshipMSLCE students are eligible to earn a Graduate Minor in Entrepreneurship, offered through the Farley Center for Entrepreneurship at Northwestern. Professionals with an interest in starting their own business or learning more about the startup world take additional coursework that will complement and enhance the MSLCE curriculum.
Benefit from Chicago’s Vibrant Creative Economy
Steps from Northwestern’s Evanston campus lies the dynamic creative capital, Chicago. Home to Tony-award-winning theatres, world-class arts and cultural institutions, a vibrant music scene, and a burgeoning entertainment industry, the city is an ideal location to gain experience and further your career.
Engaging with Industry
Connecting with Creative + Cultural Leaders
- Build Your Toolkit: Career Advice from the Inside Track on Marketing and PR for the Arts and Entertainment
- A Balancing Act: Executive and Artistic Leadership in the Performing Arts Speaker Series
- Tapping into the Five Styles of Leadership: Leadership Styles in the Media and Entertainment Industries Speaker Series