BA Theatre Performance (additional concentration in arts management), Western Michigan University
Experience: General Manager of ONE LICENSE, Team Member and advocate for Africa New Life
Areas of Interest: Music, TV/film, Performing arts, Theatre, Dance, Arts/music festivals, Nonprofit work, Development, Copyright Law, Ethics, Public Policy
Ideal Job in 10 Years: Something involving leadership, cultural/societal intersections, and big ideas
What led you to enroll in the MSLCE program at Northwestern? “In no particular order:
- Needed a masters degree to break out of my current income bracket.
- Lifelong learner and a good time in life to focus on expanding my knowledge of arts administration and the creative industries at large.
- I’ve always wanted a larger school experience. My undergrad in the College of Fine Arts had a strong conservatory component to it.
- I’m dedicated to the northside of Chicago and Evanston – it’s where I live my daily life and NU was a natural fit.
- A generous scholarship from the program made the decision between three programs quite easy! “
What are you most looking forwards to about the MSLCE program? Art & Entertainment Law & Ethics / Arts, Public Purpose & Policy
If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be? Brene Brown – Leading from a place of authenticity and vulnerability should be instinctive in every leader.
If you had to describe yourself in three words they would be … Justice-driven, Compassionate, Responsive
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Rwanda or Spain
If you could donate one million dollars, which cause/organization would you choose to support? Women’s education and liberation
What award would you most like to win? The Presidential Medal of Freedom
Where are you from? Chicago, IL