Speaker Series Continues Dec. 3 With Gaming Industry Talk

By Jacob Nelson

The Masters of Science in Leadership for Creative Enterprises’ (MSLCE) speaker series continues on Dec. 3 with Matthew Schwartz, who will speak about his career in the gaming industry.

Schwartz has worked as a games producer at Adult Swim Games, the game publishing arm of Adult Swim Digital, which is part of the late-night comedy programming block of the same name. He also worked as a content designer at Cartoon Network New Media. He’s worked with independent developers around the world.

Read about MSLCE’s last speaker series, which included a conversation with a successful television agent.

In a post about his job at Adult Swim that he wrote in February, Schwartz wrote that his job was “maintaining the vision of the game.” Before he started working in the gaming industry, Schwartz worked for MTV as an original animation developer.

I also spent a number of years as a location scout and manager for independent films in New York. And before that even, I was just like you, wondering what the hell I was going to do with my life,” Schwartz writes.

Schwartz graduated from Northwestern’s Radio, Television, and Film department in ’95, and writes that he is eager to offer his perspective and guidance, “especially to those willing to sign a liability waiver absolving me of any culpability when things go horribly awry.”

The event will takes place on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 5 p.m. in Frances Searle Building, 3-417 on Northwestern’s Evanston campus. A networking reception will immediately follow. Click here to RSVP.